Thursday, January 7, 2010

Will small amount of shampoo fade hair color?

I just had my hair color corrected. I dyed it yesterday and it came out waaaayyy too dark. I went to a salon today and had it corrected (or at least it's better). Can I use a small amount of shampoo that's for color treated hair in the morning?Will small amount of shampoo fade hair color?
Right after you get your hair dyed, you can go home and wash it. It can take out some of the darkness. I suggest getting some good hair conditionair. Claroal now offers their hair dye conditionair in a seperate containair from their hair dye, and it really works good and is cost effective (like around 5 bucks at Wal-Mart). Then, just give your hair about a good 6-8 weeks of doing nothing do it but just babying it. Let it be for a while and even stay away from the heat of blow dryers and so forth if you can. Then, you can go to a salon and they can either lift it again or you can opt for some high lights. There is a new product on the market that is made to remoce color. DO NOT USE IT! It is made for color put over natural hair color, thus your results could end you up with some fried yellow/orange/lord only knows color hair. My heart goes out to you, though. I have been there many times. But in time, esp being in the sun, and washing it out, the color will fade to be a good shade to two lighter. Just hang in there.Will small amount of shampoo fade hair color?
It does not matter how much shampoo you put in your hair; it will always get washed out!! But I do suppose that only putting a little bit in will help not to wash so much of the dye out....
Wait 24-48 hours, and then wash it. The amount of shampoo won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment